Natural oilsShow Filters
Showing 13–14 of 14 results
Showing 13–14 of 14 results
Introduction to Natural Oils
Natural oils are highly nutritious oils produced from nuts, seeds, plants, herbs, and even vegetables. This is done by using different extraction methods such as mechanical cold pressing, by distillation – using steam or water or also by other means, to obtain a 100% pure product that’s ideal for the skin, hair and some can be even ingested on a daily basis.
Due to the composition of the polyunsaturated fatty acids in the natural oils, you will find there are mainly three categories – drying oils, semi drying oils, and non-drying oils. Drying oils contain more than 50% of unsaturated fatty acids, semi-drying oils contain 20%-50% of polyunsaturated acids and the non-drying oils contain less than 20% of unsaturated fatty acids. The higher the ratio of fatty acids, the better absorption into the skin, with no greasy layer, ideal for more oily and problematic skin. The lesser ratio of fatty acids is more ideal for dry skin, hair, and scalp.
Natural oils go far with their benefits, working to heal your body and promote good health inside and outside.
Applying and Ingesting Natural Oils
Natural oils are packed with vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants, have anti-inflammatory properties and essential fatty acids making a lot of them ideal for internal use. Always check first the best dosage and how to ingest the oils, for example – by adding to water or to food.
Applying natural oils to the hair before or after washing can be beneficial to moisturize and make it stronger and healthier, whilst promoting growth.
Natural oils are perfect for all over skin use, you can choose the natural oil that is ideal for your skin type to help keep it healthy, moisturised and protected.
Popular Natural Oils
Natural oils are perfect to use for optimum health for the skin, hair and body.
Listed below are some of the most commonly used natural oils:
- Almond Oil
- Black Seed Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Walnut Oil
- Carrot Seed Oil
- Flax Seed Oil
- Olive Oil
- Lettuce Seed Oil
- Castor Oil
- Avocado Oil
Some Advice When Using Natural Oils
When using your natural oil:
- Due to their origin from nuts and seeds, some natural oils may cause an allergic reaction but usually they are safe to use. Always make a small patch test on the skin first.
- Make some research to ensure that you are getting the best natural oil to suit your needs.
- If using on children, always use with supervision and store product out of their reach.
- Check that your natural oil will not have any underlying effects if you are taking medication or you have some specific health issues.
- Check if the natural oil can be used for ingesting and be aware that some are not recommended for use during pregnancy.
Natural oils are a super addition to your daily care routine that will provide many beneficial nutrients to your skin, hair, body, and overall health.