Essential oilsShow Filters
Showing all 7 results
Showing all 7 results
Introduction and Getting Started with Essential Oils
Essential oils are derived from nuts or seeds by mechanical cold pressing or extracted from plants by distillation, by using steam or water, thus producing a natural and healthy product.
The first recorded usage of oils is said to be by the ancient Egyptians, although the discovery of cave paintings from approximately 18,000 years ago shows that the overall history goes back as far as pre-historic times.
Essential oils are very versatile, with great benefits for the health and wellbeing of the skin, body and hair. You can use them by direct application to the skin, as a carrier oil for the application of aroma oils, massage. Blending different oils together or with your favourite skin product can intensify their potential. Some essential oils are suitable for ingesting, using in cooking or even as a dressing for salads! It’s easy to find the best essential oils for you with their multiple uses.
Applying and Using Essential Oils
Essential oils can be applied directly to the skin and hair to promote good health and care. Their luxurious rich consistency means that they absorb deeply can be used to moisture and help take care of the skin, hair and scalp. Many have anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidative, anti-fungal, wound healing promoting benefits and are packed with nutrients. If prone to acne, take care when using on the face.
Many types of essential oils can used as part of a healthy diet helping to help support a healthy immune system, digestive system, important bodily functions and metabolism. You can add these oils to your smoothies, as a salad dressing, use as a cooking oil or in some recipes.
Essential oils for general skin use can be used as a massage oil and can also be used to make home made cosmetics such as deodorants and lip balms.
Favourite Essential Oils for Hair and Skin
Essential oils can be used for many different purposes, whether it’s for skin healing, anti-aging of the face, a boost of immunity or for hair repair.
Listed below are some of the most popular oils for general usage:
- Jojoba Oil
- Almond Oil
- Grapeseed Oil
- Argan Oil
- Rosehip Seed Oil
- Carrot Seed Oil
- Lavender Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Eucalyptus Oil
- Frankincense Oil
Using Essential Oils Safely and Effectively
When choosing your essential oil, always be sure about what you intend to use it for and that it is suitable for this purpose, to ensure that you get the best results from your oil.
- Take care when applying some essential oils to the face and body, especially on oily or acne prone skin. Some oils may cause an allergic reaction, especially take care if you have an allergy to nuts or seeds, but usually these oils are safe to use.
- Check the label of your essential oil for any warnings and precautions with that particular oil, especially for first time usage.
- Some essential oils can be used on your pets, but can also be harmful to them – check with your veterinary surgeon which ones are suitable and keep stored safely away as a curious pet may accidentally find and ingest them.
- Essential oils can be useful for your children, especially for nourishing their young skin, but use with caution and supervision.
- If using other medication or have some particular health issues then it is important to check which essential oil is more suitable for you.
Essential oils can be an amazing and positive addition to help support your health and wellbeing, a gift given to us by our ancestors for a more natural way of living.