Geranium Oil Characteristics
The origin of geranium (pelargonium) originates in the northern part of South Africa, the plant is grown exclusively for the extraction of essential oil. It is not demanding on the land and climate. Plant growing areas – Israel, China, Egypt and Reunion Island.
Geranium oil is produced by steam distillation from the leaves.
The geranium plant (Pelargonium odoratissimum) has been used by the Egyptians since ancient times to create beautiful, radiant skin. It is now commonly used, due to its varied amounts of health promoting ingredients,
Geranium Oil Benefits
– Reduces stress levels and eliminates depression. With a pleasantly sweet scent, geranium oil will lift your spirits, reduce fatigue and improve emotional balance. It relaxes, creates an optimistic mood, helps to cope with feelings and fears. Thanks to geranium oil, you can get rid of self-doubt, complexes, recover from losses and unpleasant meetings.
– Eliminates infections leading to diseases of the upper respiratory tract. Geranium oil can prevent the development of colonies of bacteria that cause diseases of the sinuses and nasopharynx, as it contains components that have strong antimicrobial properties. When applied topically to the sinus or throat area, the oil has a softening effect and reduces pain.
– Improves gum health.
– Improves skin health. Thanks to its properties, geranium oil tightens the skin, thereby reducing both the number of wrinkles and their size, slowing down the aging of the skin. To do this, add a few drops of geranium oil to your lotion, cream, or face oil.
– This is one of the most effective oils for problematic, adolescent, pathologically oily skin.
– Geranium oil has a healing and bactericidal effect, therefore it promotes rapid healing of wounds and burns.
– Tones up muscle tissue. Geranium oil helps to tighten and tone muscles, prevents sagging of muscles and skin and has a positive effect on the appearance of the abs. Add 5 drops of geranium oil to the carrier oil and massage into the skin, concentrating on the muscles.